:-) mostly -- McWhorter on "standard English"

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Fri Jan 15 13:44:30 UTC 2010

Well, maybe we need to start putting "dialect" in after "Standard
English". I think I might start putting "Standard American Written
English dialect" in my composition syllabus to emphasize its
linguistic parity with Appalachian dialects, Southern dialects, etc.

---Amy West