Retroflexion [was: McWhorter on "Negro English"]

Herb Stahlke hfwstahlke at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 15 20:14:33 UTC 2010

I read a paper several years ago by someone from Ohio State presenting
an acoustic study of /s/ before /(C)r/.  He found a lot of variation
between retroflex /s/ and palato-alveolar /S/.  Unfortunately, I don't
have the publication information on the paper.

Herb