McWhorter on "Negro" [Was: on "Negro English"]

Judy Prince jbalizsprince at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 16 05:12:35 UTC 2010

Rev. Jesse would say what you are saying, of course, Wilson.

Two sets of rules have always applied to black folk in USAmerica, both sets
conceived, initiated, and monitored by white folk.  I suspect that I'll be
slightly less condemning of blacks who "assist" whites in those actions than
you are for a couple reasons:  I hate to see blacks tearing down other
blacks, and the "stacked deck" leaves precious few options for blacks.
 These reasons, though, do not stop me from sharply noting and calling
attention to the "assisters" and their poisonous activities.  Therefore, I
appreciate your message and understand your righteous anger.

Best,

Judy