Another new old saying

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 17 22:37:22 UTC 2010

Eliot Spitzer on CNN today:   "Somebody once said, 'Nobody washes their
rental car.' Ownership is good."

GB alleges one of its 30+ hits to be from 1991, but the earliest I can
verify is:

1998 Rajan Suri _Quick Response Manufacturing_ (Portland, Ore.:
Productivity): A union leader at United echoed the sentiment, "No one washes
a rental car." In other words, you take care of what you own.

Haven't checked elsewhere.  30,000 Raw Goolits.

JL