McWhorter on "Negro" [Was: on "Negro English"]

Judy Prince jbalizsprince at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 18 02:44:53 UTC 2010

Mighty nice of you, Mark, but I actually enjoyed trying to succinct my
understanding of racial prejudice.

I have you to thank, as well, for bringing Tom's Truespel to my
attention, and hence his and my kindredship.

Let me take this opportunity, then, to present my equivalent of
Truespel---in poetry scansion.  It's Judy's lol [sometimes known as
"loo"] system.  The "o" represents an unstressed syllable, the "l" a
stressed syllable.  A truly perfect [how how rare!] iambic pentameter
line would be scanned thus:  ol ol ol ol ol ol

a trochee=  lo   [e.g., Longfellow's "Hiawatha"]

a dactyl=  loo  [Lennon-McCartney's "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"]

an anapest=  ool  [Byron's "The Destruction of Sennacherib"]

Your first and last names, MarkMandel, scanned in the Judy lol system=
lol     VOILA!!!

All the best,

Judy taking a serious break from Deep Thought