"Nor'easter" -- missing definition? and an antedating

Kelli Slimp kellislimp at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 19 15:16:44 UTC 2010

Joel,

My 2 cents:

In West Texas, where I'm from originally, the storm is just as Jonathan
described, except that it's usually called a "blue north'er" and is most
often witnessed in the spring, when cold fronts from Canada sweep
unobstructed through the plains states. The temperature has been known to
drop as much as 30 degrees F in a few hours, and there is wind, hail, rain,
lightening, etc.

ks