McWhorter on "Negro" [Was: on "Negro English"] (UNCLASSIFIED)

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 20 02:45:10 UTC 2010

In Swahili, the most popular language of Africa, the word for

black is -eusi (suffix?)
people is watu

Put together you got watu-eusi or in short watusi?  ~waattuesee
This is the name of a tall slender African tribe, an African long-horned cow, and a dance in the 60's.
I think we can watusi off as a nice name for black people.  Watusi's the dance made for romance.

from  http://africanlanguages.com/swahili/

-eusi adjective
1 black
2 dark