In drag = disguised

Wed Jan 20 16:56:44 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 3:15 AM, Benjamin Barrett <gogaku at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> In a discussion about the computer language VBA, I found this:
>
> Date variables are really Doubles in drag.
>
> (http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.word.vba.general/browse_thread/thread/a53432b7778e7bf0?hl=en)
>
> Both date variables and doubles are data types.
>
> Interesting extension.

Another techie usage... From _Access 2003 for Dummies_, p. 28 ("The
Datasheet Window"):

"Is it a table or a spreadsheet? Only its owner knows for sure!
Looking at Figure 2-4, it's easy to see why you may confuse the two.
It's a table, but it looks like a spreadsheet."

Figure 2-4 is captioned, "The Customers table, dressed in spreadsheet drag."

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0764538810

--Ben Zimmer