Heard on The Judges: _dry-beg_ "a kind of con game"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 23 05:18:24 UTC 2010

Judge Greg and his bailiff, Doyle, acted this one out. Essentially,
the idea is to get free money by letting some chump with feelings for
you know that you need a large amount of money, then conning him/her
into "forcing" the money on you, as you protest all the while that you
couldn't *possibly* take the money and allow the mark to be
inconvenienced by your trivial needs.

The plaintiff - an older woman thus suckered by her dekkid-younger
"boyfriend" - for whom they had acted out the game commented that she
had no idea that it was so common that it had a name.

There's a head-game version of this in which you adamantly refuse to
allow someone to explain himself - "Hey, it's okay, Jon. You don't
need to explain. I understand completely" - that I personally have
used to reduce grown men literally to tears of frustration.
Apparently, when people try to explain themselves to you, they don't
just *want* to. They *need* to.

Weird.

-Wilson
–––