a deadly game of cat and mouse

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 25 00:28:28 UTC 2010

Interesting. Yet the established form of the cliche' is definitely "(in) a
deadly game of cat and mouse."

I've also read or heard "deadly cat-and-mouse game," but that seems nowadays
to be an elegant and economical variation.

JL