PC-ness (UNCLASSIFIED)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 25 02:24:21 UTC 2010

For what little that it may be worth, I side with the Australian
Bushmen and their extremely riche and secluded culture. It's the
minstrel show all over again. OTOH, it might be quite interesting to
see someone jumping Jim Crow on ice skates. You never know.

-Wilson

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: PC-ness (UNCLASSIFIED)
>
> From the "You Can't Win in a PC World" Dept.:
>

> http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/Russian-ice-dance-tribute-to-Aborigines-offensiv?urn=oly,215206
>
> I hope this post doesn't offend any person of indigenous Australian descent
> (really!), but if it does it just proves my dismal point.
>
> JL
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Jonathan Lighter
> <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com>wrote:

>> -----------------------
>> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>> Poster:       Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM>
>> Subject:      Re: PC-ness (UNCLASSIFIED)

>> You guys need to worry.
>>
>> Somewhere someone is angry.  Someone with a toehold on logic. Someone with
>> Net access. Someone....
>>
>> Dave has the most to worry about.  Angry clueless white guys are too
>> clueless.
>>
>> Angry dead people are zombies.
>>
>> JL
>>
>> P.S.: "Guy" really means "freaky-looking weirdo or or sucker."  This word
>> is
>> sexist and must be chopped from the language.  There's something about
>> "zombie" I don't like either.
>> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Ann Burlingham <ann at burlinghambooks.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>> > ---------------------- Information from the mail header
>> > -----------------------
>> > Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>> > Poster:       Ann Burlingham <ann at BURLINGHAMBOOKS.COM>
>> > Subject:      Re: PC-ness (UNCLASSIFIED)

>> > If I talk about Clueless WhiteGuy behavior, is it insensitive? I worry.

>> > The American Dialect Society - http://www.americandialect.org
>> >

>> --
>> "If the truth is half as bad as I think it is, you can't handle the truth."

> --

-Wilson
–––
–Mark Twain