Sports Subjunctive Indicative

Seán Fitzpatrick grendel.jjf at VERIZON.NET
Mon Jan 25 17:51:39 UTC 2010

I think this has been discussed.  I gather it is a very common syntax among the commenters on "Sports Center" type shows:

QUOTATION OF THE DAY
"With Peyton Manning, you can’t disrupt his rhythm, he’s going to kill you."
COACH REX RYAN, on the quarterback of the Indianapolis Colts, who threw three touchdown passes to end the Jets’ run to the Super Bowl.
 http://snurl.com/u6rzg - Colts Put Emphatic End to Jets’ Surprising Run - NYTimes.com

Seán Fitzpatrick
So-o-o, young Object-Oriented programmer!  One night the Hollerith
cards will come up out of the landfill . . . and then where will you be . . . with all your methods . . . and objects . . . and pi-I-X-x-els?!?!?!
http://www.logomachon.blogspot.com/