Quote: everybody talks about the weather (1897) (antedating attrib Charles Dudley Warner 1901, attrib Mark Twain 1915)

Mon Jan 25 22:44:06 UTC 2010

The quote below suggests that Charles Dudley Warner was communicating
the core idea of the weather quote before 1897.

Citation: 1884 November 18, Proceedings of the Chamber of Commerce of
the State of New York, Twenty Seventh Annual Report.

As to the latter I think your action reminded me of the observation of
my old friend and partner, DUDLEY WARNER, concerning New England
weather - it is a matter about which a great deal is said, but very
little done.

http://books.google.com/books?id=SQWGAAAAIAAJ&q=Dudley+Warner#v=snippet&q=Dudley%20Warner&f=false

Garson