Q: Translate the "Yanker didel" lyrics?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 27 14:34:07 UTC 2010

 >>there are at least four towns in France named "Gray," but that doesn't
mean that I'm
competent in French.

I bet if you visited, they'd have to make you mayor!

As for "Yankee Doodle," an excellent historical essay on the subject by John
Picker appears in Harvard's _New Literary History of America_ (a book of,
shall we say, very uneven value).

As the title suggests, the book just appeared a few months ago.

JL