Guido x 2

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 27 19:43:48 UTC 2010

I am sure there examples in ADS-L archives, but I could not think of a
cross-over example (like "pimp my car"--but that one is too ubiquitous),
but found one in UD. Specifically, it's Pimp[43]:

http://bit.ly/bqwkYm
> To make ones CV absolutely fabulous in a manner that any employer will
> read and immediately feel joy and love for the CV writer
> /I'm going to have to pimp my CV due to the calibre of the other
> applicants./

It should be plain that the meaning is not restricted to CV, but it does
mean both "to beautify/make hip" and "to sell/pander".

Another poster on UD used the phrase "get his pimp on" to imply turning
on the charm.

     VS-)