the meat and the motion

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 28 04:49:49 UTC 2010

Seriously, I've long believed that affectionate, passionate, and X-rated
grunting was very likely to have devloped figurative meanings back at the
dawn of language. I had no idea that Freud thought so too.

You know what they say....

It's at least as plausible as the bow-wow theory and the ding-dong theory,
though doubtless
all sorts of influences contributed.

JL