Pants on the Ground

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 28 11:17:29 UTC 2010

Prez Obama gave a great speech last night.  It's the first time I've heard a president go after bankers.  Now he's got bankers and doctors after him.  That's a lot of bucks.  Could be trouble ahead for the dems on the money side.  Dialectically, the Prez like his predecessor often says ~s for words ending in "s" where ~z is standard.  Seems to be a big trend, but not so good.  "Eyes" become "ice".  Can create confusion.

Regarding the sound ~or (more, or, floor), dictionaries don't even include it as a phoneme.  In truespel it's an "r" influenced vowel.  The sound comes between "oh" (where some USA folks say "more" as mohr ~moer) and "awe" (where some folks in UK say "maw" with a dropped "r" ~mau.)  Between moh(r) and maw(r) is ~mor.

see truespel.com phonetic spelling

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390707/direct/01/