lawyer up antedating 1995-->1990

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 31 11:52:14 UTC 2010

HighBeam seems to be highly unreliable. Along with 1990 article it also
returned a supposed 1991 article as well, but within the cited clip form
that article there is a date included from 2003--actually, a part of a
separate reference that somehow got mixed up into the one it reported. I
am certain that the 1991 piece does NOT contain the right phrase.

I'll see if I can figure out where the actual quote came from--if,
indeed, it's from Washington Post. Best I can tell from searching WaPo's
actual archives (instead of Google's HighBeam connection), the earliest
case of "lawyered up" in WaPo is from  May 1999, not from 1990. And the
internal archive search finds NO instances of "he lawyered up". I'll
ignore HighBeam results from now on.

I hope the other reference pans out (MJS 1993). The court case seems to
be legit--not from Google.

     VS-)