"Hanoi Jane"

John McChesney-Young jmccyoung at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 2 01:10:22 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 3:28 PM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote in part:
> In the mid or late 1990s I saw a brand-new bumper sticker on a
> late-model SUV that read, "Boycott Jane Fonda, Commie Bitch!"

Apparently the common current wording is “Boycott Jane Fonda American
Traitor Bitch." See three different bumper sticker formats:

http://willyfogg.com/p59779972/jane_fonda_american_traitor_bitch_stickers_hanoi_jane/
http://www.lznam.com/boycott-jane-fonda-stickers-p-4732.html (tiny
image on right can be clicked on to enlarge)
http://www.factorydirectflags.com/servlet/the-3234/BOYCOTT-JANE-FONDA-TRAITOR/Detail
http://www.no-mac.com/site/639008/product/BM-006 (same format as
previous one but with interesting taboo avoidance in text description)

See:

http://www.library.vanderbilt.edu/central/Brush/Jane-Fonda-Vietnam.htm

for a short article from 2004, "Hating Jane: The American Military and
Jane Fonda."

John

--
John McChesney-Young ** Berkeley, California, U.S.A.
JMcCYoung~at~gmail.com ** http://twitter.com/jmccyoung **