"At dat time, if I'd a knew betta, we'd a copyrighted that shxt!"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 5 13:47:12 UTC 2010

It was interesting to see how long it took "bling" to become mainstream.
Theorists might have insisted that this too-obvious reduction of
"bling-bling" should have appeared almost immediately.

Of course, less than a decade is kind of "immediately" by linguistic
standards.

JL