Nothing to see, here: Different strokes

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 6 08:58:58 UTC 2010

1966 [quoting boxer Cassius Clay] "I got DIFFERENT STROKES FOR
DIFFERENT FOLKS.”—Great Bend Daily Tribune (Kansas), 11 November, page
6

1967 [Soul Brothers Top 20] Different Folks Like Different Strokes:
                                                      Soul singer Syl
Johnson has something when he says
                                                      there are
"DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS."––JET Magazine. 9 November,
page 64

The title of the song quoted is simply, Different Strokes. The full
forrm occurs in the refrain.
--
-Wilson
–––