Racial epithet makes news

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 7 18:05:43 UTC 2010

  No--I just don't see it as a formal double negation, at least, not in
the same sense. What about "did not fail to notice"? Is that a double
negative? As far as I know, the customary proscription does not apply to
"integral" negatives, such as "unhappy" or "fail".

     VS-)

PS: somehow I lost track of the "l". I like "spit infinitive" too, but,
unfortunately, it was merely a typo.