The "fribler"

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 9 02:47:58 UTC 2010

Sounds a bit familiar.

Cf "fribble", OED:
 2. intr. In early use, to act aimlessly or feebly, to busy oneself to
no purpose; to ‘fiddle’. Now (exc. dial.) only in strongly
contemptuous sense: To behave frivolously, trifle. Â Â Â Â b. trans. to
fribble away: to throw away or part with lightly, fool away. to
fribble out (nonce-use): to portray with purposeless minuteness.

Freedictionary:
frib·ble
v. frib·bled, frib·bling, frib·bles
v.tr.
To waste (time, for example); fritter (something) away.
v.intr.
To waste time; trifle.
n.
1. A frivolity; a trifle.
2. A frivolous person.
[Origin unknown.]
fribbler n.
________________________________
fribble [ˈfrɪbəl]
vb
1. (tr) to fritter away; waste
2. (intr) to act frivolously; trifle
a wasteful or frivolous person or action
adj
frivolous; trifling
[of unknown origin]
fribbler  n

So, a man who frivols with women's hearts, who wastes their love negligently.

m a m