Mojo in science. Latin continues to expand its vocabulary.

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Jul 12 13:48:50 UTC 2010

Thank you.  The picture is much clearer than a very indistinct
earlier one I saw in some newspaper, where I could not discern any
resemblance to a heart shape.

So now we're not only allowed to mix Latin with Greek (' "You're
supposed to use Latin and Greek names, but this just seemed more
fun," Longrich said. ' -- but not in the same word) in scientific
terms, but also "Afro-American"?  .

I also like "-topsid".  Some earlier paleontologist had a sense of
humor too -- frills on *top* of their heads, even though "ops" merely
means face.  This one will soon be known as "Mojo Topsie".

Joel