Assassination euphemisms

Wed Jul 14 06:47:35 UTC 2010

Here are a few more terms from the book "Abbreviations Dictionary"
(skipping terms that are already listed above). I did not see any
annotations or citations for individual terms. Some euphemisms for
execution are included.

Abbreviations Dictionary by Dean Stahl, Karen Kerchelich, Ralph De Sola
http://books.google.com/books?id=-TnjkhLA_q8C&

total and complete immobilization - assassination
selective use of violence to neutralize an intended victim – assassination plan
likvidatsiya – (Russian—liquidation)—execution
health alteration – assassination
social prophylaxis – Soviet euphemism for execution or imprisonment of
dissidents or suspects
supreme measure – capital punishment; execution
ult pun – ultimate punishment (death by execution)