Assassination euphemisms

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 14 15:51:57 UTC 2010

Terminate with extreme prejudice was revealed in Congressional hearings
around 1970 or 1971. The same may be true of neutralize -- I don't recall.

DanG

On Jul 14, 2010 11:27 AM, "Paul" <paulzjoh at mtnhome.com> wrote:

---------------------- Information from the mail header
-----------------------
Sender: Americ...
Poster:       Paul <paulzjoh at MTNHOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: Assassination euphemisms

 Somehow the phrase, "Terminate with extreme prejudice." just seems a
little too cute to have been originated in the field.  I'd put money on
it being picked up from, a novel or film.  When asked what to do with a
prisoner why not reply "terminate him"  or did the 'extreme prejudice"
mean  torture or a painful death?

PAUL JOHNSON

--

"I deny the allegations and I resent the allegator"