springing a leak

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 15 16:10:38 UTC 2010

And I decided after a couple of readings of the headline alone that either
 a) he was *fired*, and Wired was making a bad joke by using "leaked" for an
NSA official,
 b) or his *identity* was leaked to the media
It never even occurred to me to read this as a transitive verb with the
object ungrammatically deleted.

m a m