Whilst

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sat Jul 17 17:32:48 UTC 2010

At 2:22 PM -0300 7/17/10, David A. Daniel wrote:
>And did you notice he said he was a Marine "during" Vietnam, not "in", as
>misspoken by that guy in Massachusetts (don't remember his name and don't
>feel like looking it up).

Blumenthal, and he's from Connecticut--and don't you forget it! We're
proud of our public misspeakers!

>  I wonder if that was part of a cascade effect, or
>if he goes around saying "during" normally.

Good catch.  I think he is indeed implicating he didn't serve *in*
Vietnam (or he would have said so).

>  I thought the rifle was cute; no
>use wasting a thousand words when one picture will do. OTOH, he said, "we
>are Republicans, so we are better than that." I've always found Republicans
>to be the worst of everything moral/ethical. But I guess he doesn't think
>so. (I thought he said 5 billion. No?)

No, I went back to check.  It's 5 million.  You've probably been
corrupted by the thugs and criminals and/or the illegal immigrants.

LH