"Life's a garden. Dig it."

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jul 17 23:57:44 UTC 2010

GB has hits going back to 1974, although not all are readily
verifiable. Those clearly verifiable (full copies on-line) are
Vegetarian Times from 1996 (although it's "dig in" instead of "dig
it"). The 1988 Appalachia (Governor Sanford's favorite magazine, no
doubt) also appears to be authentic (although I have not verified on
paper). The snippet of Maryland Magazine (1976-78) does not show the
quote nor could I check the dates.

But, unsurprisingly, the most interesting hit is for Marijuana
stickers from 1973 in the US Copyright Office publication. Just make
sure you expand to "life is" when searching.

VS-)