"Base ball"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 18 17:31:19 UTC 2010

Is baseball an American game?  The modern rules were essentially laid down
by Alexander Cartwright and his teammates in 1845.

Is there any early description of the rules of Anglo-Irish "base-ball"?  I
suspect that they were largely adlibbed by the kids who mainly played it.

IAC, I'd split the def. into two numbered senses.

JL