"Rock The Mic"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 21 06:33:29 UTC 2010

Bill Haley? Wasn't he the person who invented the phrase, _rock 'n'
roll_? I heard him cop to it - he had a rap explaining how he had come
up with it - in 1955, on station KWK, when he was in Saint Louis for
the Annual Rhythm-and-Blues Show, wherein, his being the token white
act, he naturally opened the show. Some random local stud, Chuck
Berry, closed the show.

--
-Wilson
–––