"wh" words - was "no subject"

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 22 02:19:05 UTC 2010

My take is that "wh" is most often pronounced ~w instead of ~hw (for those instances other than those meant to be pronounced ~h as in "who", "whole" etc.).  This applies to the list of "wh" words previously given.

The dictionaries are incorrect putting the ~hw pronunciation first.  Yet many if not all of them do.  The pronunciations in the talking dictionaries demonstrate the error.

see truespel.com phonetic spelling