"soft baked"; and "no great kicks"

Fri Jul 23 17:06:18 UTC 2010

An edition of Farmer and Henley in 1905 connects half-baked and soft-baked.

1905 "A Dictionary of Slang and Colloquial English: Abridged from the
seven volume work entitled Slang and its Analogues" by John S. Farmer
and W. E. Henley, George Routledge & Sons Limited, London.

Half-baked (or Soft-baked). Half-
witted, cracked, soft (q.v.), doughy
(q.v.), half-rocked (q.v.): Fr., n'avoir
pas la tete bien cuite (1825)

http://books.google.com/books?id=kOU_AAAAYAAJ&q=soft-baked#v=snippet&