query: a cock and cock story

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 25 15:11:12 UTC 2010

Wouldn't "organ-neutrality" be kind of a postmodern concept for the Vox
Populi (Vox Dei) to have come up with a hundred and fifty or more years ago?
I can't think of any English exx., unless you think the recent application
in umliterature of phallic words to the clitoris counts.  Actually, it
obviously does, but it's in the postmodern age where there's nothing but
words anyway.  I bet most of that umliterature stuff never even happened!

But maybe I'm just being a spoilsport.  Who knows what thoughts flicked
through Philip Freneau's unconscious?

JL