"privilege"; "exempt"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 26 18:00:47 UTC 2010

Yeah, "project" sux too.

Why? Because they *always* use "project."

It isn't the word that gets me.  It's the absolute predictability of it in a
certain kind of self-important and correspondingly vapid prose.

Refer to "Lacan's Equation" in my post of Oct. 9, 2006.  That pretty much
sums up the level of sense many theorists are most comfortable with.

BTW, have you ever noticed that the "theo" in "theory/ theorist/ theorize/
theoretical" kind of means "God" in Greek?  And "-rist" is homophonous with
"wrist": Jesus, as is now known, was self-sacrificed with nails through the
wrists. Thus by the fact of utterance does this (holy) Family of Words ("In
the beginning was the....") announce its exemption. Some Theo-wrist, as I
shall spell it, has probably run with this already, but if not, it's another
dissertation opportunity.

JL