hacker

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Jul 29 21:06:25 UTC 2010

Get your chronology straight, Victor.  You doubted the possibility of
"hack" in basketball before 1970 today (Thursday) at 12:11 AM EDT.  I
wrote with the 1970 basketball definition of "hack"  today at 7:47 AM
EDT.  You "retracted" -- if that's what you want to call your
reference to Garson's earlier finding (1933)* -- today at 2:57 PM
EDT.  There is no other message from you between these times.

In my comment below, I was merely reminding you that my message was
1970.  I did not ever imply anything about the 1948 game
description's use of "Hacker", or about how much earlier than 1970
one could find "hacking" in basketball (I said that I had made only a
quick search).

* = "although Garson has already tracked "hack" a bit further
back".  [1933 strikes me as more than "a bit further back" from 1970.]

Joel