plaidoyer [WAS: dialectology in linguistics]

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 30 16:38:34 UTC 2010

A GB search for "plaidoyer" alone "in English" gives me 70,000 hits.  The
first few pages are exclusively in French contexts, even in the case of
books that are written in English.  Since this was an "English"
search that produced overwhelmingly_French_ sources, I suspect yet another
problem with GB.

I hope Damien was not unduly stung by my satire.  It wasn't clear to me who
was the writer of the "plaidoyer" passage, so I'm afraid I was less than my
usually tactful self.

JL