travesty

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 3 17:38:11 UTC 2010

The fact that "travesty" sounds a little like "tragedy" is also pertinent.
I'm not at all sure that people who use the word in this
way necessarily understand the meaning of "travesty of justice," though I
agree it may be central to the semantic evolution of the word.

JL