Resend (Paulescu, etc.)

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 6 00:51:21 UTC 2010

This time it came through just fine, Ron. I have no guess as to what may
have happened the first time. I notice that the last sentence of this one is
strangely broken:

Above all, she has a mind that is closed to the possibility that she might
be proven wrong about something, ignoring the fact that other scientists may
see things that s!
 he does not.

-- with an exclamation mark and linebreak inserted in the word "she".
Perhaps that last paragraph, if sent with no line breaks, was "too long a
line" for some antiquated piece of the path, and in the first transmission
triggered a "Panic, can't deal with this, MIMEify it all!" reaction. This is
purely a WAG, though. (Did you send it first from the Blackberry, and resend
another way?)

As for TZ and what he thinks "amateur" means... no, I've already had a
stressful day. I'll just continue to ignore him, like other sources of
useless and destructive noise.

Mark