herikan [sp?]

Mon Jun 7 16:34:45 UTC 2010

Lyrics websites sometimes differ in their transcriptions. (Song lyrics
are productive mondegreen generators.) The version of the verse
containing hurricane on lyricsfreak is the most common. It is
replicated on multiple lyrics websites, but it also seems to be the
least accurate (to my ear). The version given at the domain
hereinstead is the most accurate (to my ear).

Rock and Roll Music (Rock n Roll Music, Rock & Roll Music) - Chuck Berry

>From lyricsfreak

I took my loved one over cross the tracks
So she can hear my man await a sax,
I must admit the have a rockin' band,
Man they were going like a hurricane

>From hereinstead:

I took my loved one over cross the tracks
So she can hear my man a wailin' sax,
I must admit they have a rockin' band,
Man they were blowin like a hurricane

>From lyrics007:

I took my loved one over 'cross the tracks
So she could her my man a - whalin' sax
I must admit they have a rockin' band
Man they were goin' like a hurricane