The magistrate said "Merry", the defendant said "Mary" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Fri Jun 11 14:06:26 UTC 2010

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I remember this joke in the context of a Joe Friday/Dragnet-type
monologue, from elementary school:

"My name is Friday, I work on Saturday. She's my secretary.

I was on my way to a party with my girlfriend when we got a flat tire.
We got out of the car. I pumped, she pumped, I pumped, she pumped. Then
we fixed the flat.

We got to the party and everyone was feeling merry. So Mary got mad and
left.

We went into another room and everyone was jumping for joy. So Joy got
mad and left.

We were sitting in the living room when someone threw a brick through
the window and hit my girlfriend in the chest. It broke two of my
fingers."

There are probably more lines to this, but I don't remember them, and if
it hadn't been for google I couldn't have come up with all of these.