Webelos was Re: "outside of a dog" (UNCLASSIFIED)

John McChesney-Young jmccyoung at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 16 23:16:32 UTC 2010

and on Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Amy West <medievalist at w-sts.com> wrote:
> I think it's really cool that we have this marker that can be used to
> date old scouts.

I have some doubt about the utility of this as a dating technique,
because in my 40-ish-year-old memory of cub scouts, the origin was
Wolf Bear Lion and I'm pretty sure I got it from the manual or other
official documents. I wonder whether the oral tradition may have
varied geographically? I was in southern California.

John

--
John McChesney-Young ** Berkeley, California, U.S.A.
JMcCYoung~at~gmail.com ** http://twitter.com/jmccyoung **