Bolinger on noncontrastive stress on function words

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 18 15:46:26 UTC 2010

WAG: A City Hall press representative who makes dozens of these
announcements every week, reading from daily schedules or agendas, might
very well fall into the habit of using stress in such a way for the
components of each item.

m a m