Quote: History never repeats itself but it rhymes (attrib Mark Twain 1970) plus question regarding John Robert Colombo

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 21 22:14:56 UTC 2010

There is a similar notion expressed in The Christian Remembrancer in
October 1845:

"The vision recurs; the eastern sun has a second rise; history repeats
her tale unconsciously, and goes off into a mystic rhyme; ages are
prototypes of other ages, and the winding course of time brings us round
to the same spot again."

DanG