Don ’t read this: What Kindle’s most-highlighted passages tell us about popular taste

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 24 14:15:09 UTC 2010

Frank,

Thanks for that report on the Kindle e-reader.  First you were overwhelmingly negative, then, after a few day's use, you became overwhelmingly positive.  Maybe that's a lesson there for truespel phonetics.

Like the Kindle first it looks pig ugly (sorry pigs).  It looks dumbed down.  Who needs it when alternative phonetics are everywhere.  Yet with truespel a US 3rd grader can learn phonetics and speak words, even other languages, phonetically correctly in an hour or two.  Capitalization and punctuation are maintained, and no special symbols are used, so even copy/paste works for computer.

Phonetics made simple enough for kids as well as adults!  Utility is beauty.

Tom Zurinskas,

see truespel.com phonetic spelling

Spoken tutorials at tinyurl.com/yh46rge and tinyurl.com/yls55da