Combination: kangaroo court (antedating 1841 August 24)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 25 03:38:31 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 12:05 AM, Garson O'Toole
<adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com> wrote:
> "... In Natchez, as in New
> Orleans, they are driving away all of the free
> negroes."

I was worried, for a moment. Natchez doesn't need their kind there,
any more than we need them here, in the Crescent City. I'm happy to
see that the local authorities in Natchez are also carryiing out this
necesary action.

Unfortunately, the descendants of the freedmen and therir
still-enslaved brethren, will, in the future, use this kind of thing
to assert the clearly-erroneus claim that, since they and their
ancesters were and are denied equal opportunity, they should receive
some form of compensation.

Preposperous! Sad, but true,
--
-Wilson