Özil's magic left foot -- or was it Oezil's ?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Jun 25 13:43:54 UTC 2010

At 6/24/2010 06:58 PM, David A. Daniel wrote:
> >the pronunciation I have heard (from what seem to
> >be quite-well-informed-on-the-challenges British
> >play-by-play announcers)
>
>Whoa! Hold 'er there, Newt! The absolute worst pronouncers of foreign names
>on the planet are the Brits (except for maybe the Japanese)! If a Brit
>announcer said it one way, you can bet the ranch it's pronounced another.
>DAD

Well-informed by their American,
Disneyland-educated, ESPN and ABC employers, I meant to say.  :-)

While I am by no means well-informed, I haven't
heard anything glaringly wrong or suspicious
myself (except for Özil).  Has anyone else?

Joel