Irony

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 25 16:01:16 UTC 2010

Both "D Day" and "H Hour" were originally used in U.S. Army
communications and were evidently first applied in preceding days to the
start of the Meuse-Argonne Offensive, Sept. 24, 1918.

The date of the Okinawa landing (April 1, 1945) was for some reason
designated "L Day."

JL