"atmospheric," n.

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 28 15:06:37 UTC 2010

Anything in politics is crucially important - at least in the version of
politics retailed by top electronic-media pundojournalists. It is crucially
important because it just might be the straw in the wind leading straight
to the explosive scoop, missed by everyone else, that wins a coveted
Pulitzer for the pundo who first got wise.

Another reason is that if J. Q. Viewer began to suspect that not everything
on cable news is crucially important to that millimeter-wide edge that might
spell the difference between survival and its opposite, he'd soon switch to
the Cartoon Network.

JL