Just more slang [Was: "fork *up*" (July 1837), and other slang]

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 3 22:35:08 UTC 2010

I know this thread has gone in a different direction. But I wanted to
mention something that I just came across thanks to the many hats that
I wear ;-)

This is from a site apparently devoted to legal humor.

1. RE: "go to town"

http://overheardincourt.com/general-courtroom/law-student/
============================
Peeping Tom trial

From: Law student

Q:(attorney) What was the defendant doing when you looked through your window?

A:(witness) He was..playn with himself,, gettin busy, ya know..goin to town.

*later during closing*
Attorney: if it walks like a duck,talks like a duck..goes to town like
a duck, than it is a duck.

Submitted By: Allie
==========================

2. RE: "redneck justice"

http://overheardincourt.com/general-courtroom/certified-court-reporter-for-the-state-of-missouri/
==========================

Next time be ready…

Certified Court Reporter for the State of Missouri

Best Moberly, Missouri, court quote of the day, thus far:

 ”Q: How did you hurt your back?”

 ”A: This guy threw this 500 lb. dead cow at me when I wasn’t ready
and it landed on my head.”

 Court reporter observations: “It gives me goosebumps to see redneck
justice alive and well in America’s heartland.”

Submitted By: Tiffany Thompson

Feel free to browse the rest of the site at your leisure.

VS-)